LEHR, also known as Lehr Auto Electric, was founded in 1945. Irv Lehr returned from the WWII war and started an auto repair shop specializing in electric and carburetor repair. It quickly became the expert in auto electric repair earning the addage, “take it to Lehr”. In the late 1990’s, Ken Lehr was asked to get into emergency vehicle equipment, which he did. Overnight, Lehr became the preferred supplier of lights and sirens to cities and counties throughout California. In 2006, Jim Stommel purchased Lehr from Ken Lehr and vigorously wanted to expand this well-known, stable business. Now Lehr has locations in Sacramento, Pittsburg, Hayward, Anaheim and Salem Oregon.